Best Ever Spicy Potato Salad Recipe
This is the only spicy potato salad recipe you need! It's easy, calls for just a few ingredients and is bursting with flavor!
- 4 russet potatoes washed and peeled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dill pickles
- 4 green onions
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard see notes
- 2 tbsp sriracha see notes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and cook until fork tender. This would take about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are cooked, let them cool.
Meanwhile, boil the eggs until hard boiled.
Chop the cool potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Chop the eggs as well and add them to the potatoes.
Chop the dill pickles and the green onions and mix them with the potatoes and eggs.
In a medium sized bowl mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and sriracha. Season with salt, pepper and chili pepper flakes. Add the dressing to the salad and stir well to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Instead of grainy mustard, you can use regular mustard or dijon mustard.
- Taste the salad before refrigerating and make sure it's spicy enough. If needed, add more sriracha.