Spiced Roasted Sweet Potato Slices
These roasted sweet potato slices make the perfect side dish for any meal. They're perfectly seasoned, tender and easy to make.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Pat dry them completely.
Cut the sweet potatoes into ¼ to ½ inch thick slices. Place them in a bowl and top with olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika.
Arrange the slices on the baking sheet and make sure they're not overlapping.
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Flip the slices halfway through.
- For some extra flavor, drizzle the sweet potato slices with honey right before serving.
- It's important that the sweet potato slices are cut into the same thickness to ensure even cooking.
- Flipping the sweet potato slices halfway through will result in even cooking and roasting marks on both sides.
- If you're looking for other spice combinations, try the following:
- Coriander, cinnamon, cumin, salt
- Turmeric, salt and pepper
- Garlic powder, dried rosemary, salt and pepper