Buttered Parsley Potatoes Recipe
Rich buttered parsley potatoes are so easy to make. Small red potatoes mixed with butter and fresh parsley make the perfect side dish.
- 1 lb small red potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Wash and lightly scrub the potatoes. There's no need to peel them. If the potatoes are larger, cut them in half.
Place the potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with cold water. Place it over medium heat and bring to boil.
Lower the heat and generously salt the water. Simmer and cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes until they are tender and fully cooked.
Drain the potatoes and return them to the same sauce pan.
Add in butter and parsley. Stir to mix and melt the butter.
Add in salt and pepper and stir to make sure potatoes are well seasoned.
- Garlic parsley potatoes: add 2 cloves of garlic (minced) or some garlic powder to the potatoes.
- Spicy parsley potatoes: If you like a spicy version, try adding 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper to the potatoes before serving.
- If making this dish vegan or dairy free, use olive oil or vegan butter instead of regular butter.
- If your red potatoes are small, there's no need to cut them in half.
- Make sure the water to boil the potatoes is generously salted, same way that you do for pasta.
- Leftover parsley potatoes can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.