Easy Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
Here is a creamy potato soup recipe that's easy and delicious. Loaded with potatoes and made in one pot, this recipe is a keeper!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 russet potatoes washed, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup whole milk
Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
Add celery and potatoes. Cook for a few minutes.
Add in the spices and stir well. Add in the vegetable stock and bring to simmer. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
Blend half of the soup in a blender and return it back to the pot.
Add in milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Make sure you chop the potatoes into even chunks that are no bigger than 1 inch. This is to ensure you won't have any large undercooked pieces in the soup.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. It's best to reheat the leftovers in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Want to make it cheesy? Add a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the soup before serving. You can also top the soup with shredded cheese.
- Use 8 oz. coconut milk instead of regular milk to make this soup vegan.